Rhino Sands is a luxury tented camp, set in the riverine forest on a peninsula of the Msunduze River in the big five Manyoni Private Game Reserve. The camp is an intimate and exclusive safari experience, with a maximum of eight guests in camp at any one time. Each guest tent has its own private living space, verandah and pool, and outdoor shower.
What makes Rhino Sands so special?
- Style: Decorated in a classic safari style, Rhino Sands immerses guests in the luxurious and romantic feel of an east African safari. This classical design set in a tented camp complete with modern conveniences captures the true spirit of safari that we’ve all fallen in love with.
- Family-owned and operated: From the same owner/management team that has been successfully running Rhino River Lodge for over a decade, Rhino Sands is the Airton family’s passion project. The camp is a reflection of their love of safari and commitment to conservation.
- Ecofriendly: From the camps design, built within and among the riverine forest to complement rather than dominate the environment, to the use of solar electricity, the entire camp was built and will be operated in an ecofriendly manner. Offering organic coffee and teas, wines produced using biodynamic methods, seasonal menus, and biodegradable and organic amenities, the environment and our impact upon it has been considered with every decision made in running Rhino Sands.
- Bespoke safari experience: The Rhino Sands team were each individually selected in part due to their passion for safari and their love of Africa’s wild places. Our goal is for each guest to experience every day on safari as a unique and exciting adventure, and our team has been empowered to create this feeling for them. We want to share with our guests the special part of safari that our team has fallen in love with…things like bush picnics, riverbed braais, and decadent sundowner stops. Each day will be a little different from the day before and we hope to inspire our guests to take these special opportunities to truly appreciate the magic that the African bush holds.
- Disconnect and Re-connect: Rhino Sands’ ethos is one of connection with nature and people. This is why we have chosen a tented camp rather than built structures and why we decided to keep our numbers small and intimate. While we do provide wifi for our guests in their rooms in between safari and meal times, we kindly ask all of our guests to refrain from using their devices in our public spaces. We believe that disconnecting from our busy digital lives and living in the moment is one of the most precious parts of the safari experience and this enables us to connect not just with the environment, but with one another as well.
Physical Address: Manyoni Private Game Reserve (Map)
Telephone: 084 240 6276